Tri M Music Honor Society / Letter in Choral and Vocal Music
Tri M Music Honor Society
Our students will have the opportunity to be honored for their dedication and hard work in the choral and vocal arts by being part of the Tri M Music Honor Society. This Honor Society recognizes students for their academic and musical achievements, rewards them for their accomplishments and service activities, and inspires other students to excel at music and leadership. This year our organization will be run by senior Katilyn Staats. Students may apply for other leadership positions in the honor society at the start of the year.
Below are the requirements for participation in the Tri-M Music Honor Society:
- Mater Dei Choir/Instrumental Music Participation – Enrolled in a school-sponsored music ensemble and/or class for at least two semesters.
- Academic Achievement – At least a 3.0 average in music courses as well as in other academic subjects.
- Character strength and Service – Demonstrate leadership, service, and character in all activities.
Lettering in Choral and Vocal Music
In order to be eligible for the Choral and Vocal Music letter, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be an officially inducted member of the Tri-M Music Honor Society
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Minimum of 40 choral performance hours (may include outside choral performances)
- Current student at Mater Dei High School and member of Mater Dei Choral and Vocal Music Program